Olivet is a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America and has been since it’s original establishment as a church. You can check out the EFCA by clicking the link below
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on high He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. We believe the individual member has a right to hold his own view pertaining to water baptism. This is to be regarded as a matter of conscience and has no bearing on personal salvation or Christian fellowship. The ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism are to be observed until He comes.
8. We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the head.
9. We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
10. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
11. We believe in the personal and premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting punishment.